A business license is authorization stating you may operate your business in the Town of Dumfries. All businesses are required to obtain a business license from the Town before operating a business. Business licenses are administered through the Treasurer’s Office.
- Starting a new business
- Relocating an existing business
- Expanding an existing business
- A change in ownership occurs
General Facts about Business Licenses:
- An inspection of your business premises will be required prior to obtaining a business license.
- Your business license is valid from January 1st each year until December 31st of each year and must be renewed annually.
- You are required to post your business license at your business—it must be visible at all times.
- In addition to your primary business license, you may need additional business licenses based on the specific use of your business.
Contact the Treasurer’s Office for an application for a business license or to see if there are any other uses that will require a business license at 703-221-3400, Please visit the Document Center to download the current application.