The primary responsibility of the Town Manager is to implement the policies of the Mayor and Town Council. The Manager is the Town’s Chief Executive Officer hired by the Town Council and is responsible for the complete administrative management and delivery of the Town’s services and programs. In addition, the Town Manager:
• Prepares and submits the annual operating and capital budget in adherence with the policy goals and objectives set by the Council.
• Develops and executes long-range fiscal planning and forecasts revenues and expenditures.
• Monitors and evaluates the financial health of the Town throughout the year.
• Advises the Council on any municipal policies and programs that may financially impact the Town.
• Manages and coordinates a variety of special projects and programs.
Virginia Municipal League (VML)
, Town Manager
The Town Treasurer is responsible for:
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Budget preparation
• Audit preparation