The mission of the Public Works Department is to maintain and enhance the quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors by providing a wide range of services and programs to include but not limited to:
- Street Maintenance
- Stormwater Management
- Long Range Transportation Planning
- Maintaining Public Buildings and Grounds
The Department’s goals are to:
Provide consistent, quality service; maintain clean neighborhoods and safe streets and sidewalks for pedestrians, motorists, and visitors.
- Use a sustainable and proactive approach to provide services in order to maintain the quality of life our residents, businesses and visitors have come to expect.
- Operate and maintain clean, accessible, vibrant public spaces.
- To always instill a sense of pride in our work and to uphold a strong commitment to excellence in the method and delivery of service to our customers.
Acting Director of Public Works
Terry Myers Ext 117
Public Works and Zoning Program Administrator
Yvette Ragland Ext 116
17755 Main Street
Dumfries, VA 22026
Learn more about these other public works areas: