The mission of the Public Works Department is to maintain and enhance the quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors by providing a wide range of services and programs to include but not limited to:
- Street Maintenance
- Stormwater Management
- Long Range Transportation Planning
- Maintaining Public Buildings and Grounds
The Department’s goals are to:
Provide consistent, quality service; maintain clean neighborhoods and safe streets and sidewalks for pedestrians, motorists, and visitors.
- Use a sustainable and proactive approach to provide services in order to maintain the quality of life our residents, businesses and visitors have come to expect.
- Operate and maintain clean, accessible, vibrant public spaces.
- To always instill a sense of pride in our work and to uphold a strong commitment to excellence in the method and delivery of service to our customers.
Director of Public Works
Jonet Prevost-White Ext 117
Raya Nickerson Ext 119
17739 Main Street Suite 200
Dumfries, VA 22026
Learn more about these other public works areas: