The mission of the Public Works Department is to maintain and enhance the quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors by providing a wide range of services and programs to include but not limited to:
- Street Maintenance
- Stormwater Management
- Long Range Transportation Planning
- Maintaining Public Buildings and Grounds
The Department's goals are to:
Provide consistent, quality service; maintain clean neighborhoods and safe streets and sidewalks for pedestrians, motorists, and visitors.
- Use a sustainable and proactive approach to provide services in order to maintain the quality of life our residents, businesses and visitors have come to expect.
- Operate and maintain clean, accessible, vibrant public spaces.
- To always instill a sense of pride in our work and to uphold a strong commitment to excellence in the method and delivery of service to our customers.
Acting Director of Public Works
Greg Tkac Ext 117
Assistant Director of Public Works
Terry Myers Ext 119
Public Works Coordinator / Events Coordinator
Yvette Ragland Ext 116
Ray Lowry Jimmy Vinson
Contact Us 17755 Main Street Dumfries, VA 22026 703-221-3400
Learn more about these other public works areas: