Make sure you’re doing your part by reporting any illicit discharges and illegal dumping in the storm drains that you see.
Potential Sources of Illicit Discharges
Used motor vehicle fluids such as oil, gas, and antifreeze
- Household Hazardous Waste (such as household cleaners, paints, and pesticides)
- Discharge from unpermitted industrial operations
- Animal waste
- Grass clippings and leaf litter
There are three easy ways to report it.
- Call (703) 221-3400 ext. 116; Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Email email@example.com
- Fill out the pollution reporting form
- Make sure you have the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE
For more information on preventing stormwater runoff pollution, visit the Northern Virginia Clean Water Partners website.
For more information on MS4 and What Virginia is going to help keep the Environment clean visit Virginia’s Department of Environmental Quality
*If it’s outside of the Town of Dumfries normal business hours or a holiday please use either of the below reporting options.
Chesapeake Bay TMDL Action Plan MS4 Permit Cycle 2018-2023
MS4 Program Annual Report